Will Modi make it to Race Course Road?
Snakes & ladders is a game of steep jumps, sudden falls & of course, chance. Politics isn’t very different, definitely not the political career of Narendra Modi. Play this game & watch how Modi graduated from working in a tea stall to a front-runner for the Prime Minister's job.
Click on Start at the bottom left hand corner of the page to begin.
- PM Advani & Deputy PM Modi?
- A third front coalition led by Nitish Kumar against Modi?
- A day later, Advani withdraws his resignation.
- Advani quits all BJP posts.
- Modi appointed BJP poll head for 2014 elections.
- Modi becomes CM for a record 4th term. December 2012.
- Anil Ambani compares Modi with Mahatma Gandhi. January 2013.
- Following UK's footsteps,
EU ends Modi boycott. February 2013.
- Wharton India Economic Forum withdraws invitation to Modi.
- Powered by Modi, BJP wins all 6 by-polls in Gujarat.
- Advani skips BJP's national executive meet in Goa, citing "upset stomach"
- UK ends
boycott. October 2012.
- Modi crosses a million followers on Twitter. October 2012.
- Maya Kodnani, ex-minister in
sentenced to 28 years.
- Friend-turned-foe Keshubhai Patel rebels, floats own party.
- IPS officer Sanjeev Bhatt files an affidavit in SC against Modi.
- "An sms (to Tata) that cost one rupee bought the Nano plant here." – Narendra Modi
- 8,500 MoUs worth $241 billion signed at Vibrant Gujarat summit.
- Nitish Kumar asks Modi to stay away from Bihar.
- Supreme Court appointed SIT gives Modi clean chit.
- Modi begins a series of Sabdhavana fasts in Ahmedabad.
- Days later, he refuses to wear a 'skull cap' offered by a Muslim cleric at the fast.
- Modi woos Tata to open the Nano factory in Gujarat after Bengal unrest.
- Modi sweeps Gujarat polls again.
- Deals worth Rs 6.6 lakh crore signed at Vibrant Gujarat summit.
- US denies Visa.
- apologises a week later.
- Modi spars with business leaders at a CII meet over Gujarat riots in February 2003.
- Advani attends Modi's swearing-in.
- Gujarat riots leave hundreds dead, thousands displaced.
- PM Vajpayee contemplates sacking Modi, exhorts him to follow 'Raj Dharma'. Advani saves Modi's job
- Stung by criticism, Modi dissolves assembly, comes back with a thumping majority.
- Appointed Chief Minister of Gujarat by PM A. B. Vajpayee.
- Modi, backed by RSS and Advani, is a set to replace Patel
- Gujarat CM Keshubhai Patel quits after criticismfor mishandling quake relief andslowing investments.
of BJP. 1998.
- Shunted to Delhi in 1995 partly because of fallouts with senior Gujarat BJP leaders.
- Born September 17, 1950 to a family of grocers in Vadnagar, Gujarat.
- Works at a tea stall, joins RSS.
- Becomes a RSS Pracharak for six Gujarat districts.
- JOINS THE BJP
- Modi was one of the choreographers of Advani's Rath Yatra.
- Modi's strategy leads to BJP's victory in Gujarat.
- "Gujarat is the shortest cut to Delhi"
– L K Advani
Rules of the game:
- a) Ladders represent career defining successes, moments of glory
- b) Snakes represent moments of infamy or missteps
- c) The last five squares are yet to be played