Please tax the politicians, large farmers, street hawkers, paanwalas, nukkadwalas and chaatwalas as they earn more than a first class government officer. By the way, income tax exemption should have been up to Rs 2.5 lakh for the salaried class. There is need to give relief to the salaried class and impose more taxes on the business class.
- By Virendra Singh Chauhan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The threshold limits on the tax need to be increased and the tax rates should be spread across more slabs so as not to hurt the salaried class.
- By Jayaraman (email@example.com)
It is a good budget for the salaried people who are genuine tax payers. But Chidambaram has to think about reducing housing loan interest and increasing Sec.80 C limit to 1,50,000.
- By Ilesh Kiritkumar Shah (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The IT exemption for men should be Rs 1.8 lakh. The exemption of Rs 1.5 lakh is peanuts.
- By Naveen Kumar (email@example.com)
It is a good budget for farmers and people with sound educational background.
- By P. Balasubramanian (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The budget will provide some relief to the salaried people and small farmers.
- By Suresh Mahershi (email@example.com)
It is good to know that the budget talks about reforms in the agricultural sector. Thrust on education and infrastructure is a welcome step.
- By Dr. Nikhil Saket (firstname.lastname@example.org)
A good budget for all, but something more was needed for the aged and the elderly.
- By Sahil Arora (email@example.com)
The budget is common-man-oriented, of course. But it is frustrating to note that there is no mention about interim relief for the salaried class, especially Group C and Group D employees.
- By Partha Bhattacharya (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Though election-oriented, the budget deserves all praise. However, the finance minister has not tried to curb educational expenses by providing tax exemption. He is very much aware that tuition fees have gone beyond one lakh rupees in professional colleges. Similarly, standard deduction should have been brought back.
- By N. Kalyanasundaram (email@example.com)
Thanks to P. Chidambaram This is good budget.
- By Babu Joseph (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This is a very good budget, especially for education. P. Chidambaram is the best finance minister.
- By Unnit Upadhyay (email@example.com)